Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Love > Knowledge

I have been studying the book of Ephesians through church the past couple of weeks. Most recently, the third chapter. I noticed that this passage kinda fits well with things I have been thinking about of late:

So that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith--that you, being rooted and grounded in love, may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.
-Ephesians 3:17-19

This scripture has become very valuable to me because I have been spending so much time studying lately. It just seems like my school work never ends. Always another test to study for, a reflection to write, or a lesson plan to create. This has caused a lot of stress in my life but has also been filling me up with tons of knowledge. Like I have mentioned in previous posts I feel called into the study of these things that are fascinating to me, but where do I draw the line between my studies and relationships with others. Because like it says in Ephesians, "the love of Christ surpasses knowledge." So no matter how much I learn or how much time I put into studying, all of that is really nothing compared to what I have in Christ. And what I have in Christ is useless unless I use share it with others around me. Elementary I suppose, but something I lose sight of on a frequent basis.


No comments:

Post a Comment